Do you light up when you help someone feel beautiful and confident? Are you skilled at uncovering clients’ style preferences and needs? Do you thrive in an energetic, upbeat environment? Do you love contributing to special moments that people will remember forever? Are you available and willing to work weekends? If so, you may be an ideal candidate for our team of bridal stylists at The Wedding Shoppe.
WHO WE ARE
The Wedding Shoppe is Metro Detroit’s premier bridal boutique. For almost 25 years, we’ve created an experience absolutely unique to our clients, making brides feel comfortable buying a dress. We’ve helped brides from all different lifestyles and experiences feel beautiful, confident, and ready to say “I do.” Our team works closely together to deliver a fun, meaningful dress-shopping experience. We offer an unparalleled collection unmatched by local bridal stores. Our goal is to make every bride feel comfortable and excited to find her dream dress.
We Believe In
- Growth – We embrace change, look for opportunities to improve, and invest in our team’s development. Success here means eagerly taking on new challenges to expand your skills.
- Community – We support each other and our clients like family. We get involved locally to make a difference.
- Pride – We take satisfaction in providing an exceptional experience. We follow through on commitments and treat our boutique with care.
- Accountability – We hold ourselves responsible for the results we produce, both as individuals and as a team.
- Respect – We honor diversity and meet everyone where they are. We listen first and make each bride feel welcomed and valued.
- Love – We authentically care about our clients and each other. We enjoy bonding over our shared passion for weddings and fashion.
What You Will Do As A Bridal Stylist
- Master Puzzles Helping a bride find her wedding dress is like putting together a puzzle. Each piece of information she shares with you helps you get closer to the perfect wedding dress. And when she says “yes” you will get emotional with her because you are so honored to have helped her find it.
- Solve Problems You consistently strive to make sure all brides leave knowing everything is taken care of and any challenges that may have arisen she can trust that you will resolve.
- Sell You consistently meet and exceed sales goals and enjoy the challenge.
- Create Experiences You create second-to-none experiences for all of our brides and their families.
- Learn You take advantage of the ongoing personal and professional growth opportunities we offer and continue to learn and develop your skills.
- Build Relationships You build and nurture trusting, service-based relationships with our clients and your co-workers.
YOU MAY BE A GOOD FIT IF YOU
- Question & Truly Listen You ask insightful questions and listen between the lines. You are able to hear what is being said, and what is not being said.
- Never Give Up You never give up on a bride. You listen to her objections and learn from them. You are tenacious in finding her perfect dress.
- Are Caring You genuinely care about the bride. You empathize with her wedding story and help make shopping easy (and fun) for her and her guests.
- Get Along Well with Others You have a good sense of humor and a natural ability to get along easily with various personalities.
- Find Solutions When things don’t go quite right, you possess the confidence and experience to professionally navigate the situation and help the bride find a solution without management intervening.
- Are Confident You stay poised and professional even in complex situations.
- Take Ownership You are a self-starter who works independently as well as steps in to help fellow team members. You admit mistakes without making excuses.
- Are Comfortable on Your Feet You are comfortable on your feet for long periods of time, frequently lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Able and Willing to Work Weekends Because weekends are the prime time for brides to visit our boutique, you must have weekend availability to be here for our clients when it’s most convenient for them.
What Success Looks Like
- Hitting or exceeding monthly/quarterly sales goals
- Receiving 5-star reviews for outstanding service. Please read our reviews before applying for this position. Our bride’s experience and our reputation mean the world to us and we are looking for Stylists who can meet these expectations. (Google Reviews HERE)
- Increasing referral business by wowing brides
- Contributing ideas that improve boutique operations
- Eagerly taking on new challenges to expand your skills
- Showing initiative to learn more and ask questions
- Stepping in to help teammates when needed
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- Hourly wage is $14 – $16 base plus commission, bonuses, and tips. After 2 – 3 months, most of our stylists average $26 – $30/hour with commission, bonus, and tips factored in. Our more seasoned stylists earn up to $50/hour with commission, bonuses, and tips.
- Health, optical, and dental benefits available
- Paid time off and sick days
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Opportunities for growth and a fun and energetic work environment
Please note that qualified candidates will receive a request from aha! Talent Experts, our recruitment firm inviting you to complete a short one-way video interview.
Ready to transform dreams into reality? If you’re passionate about bridal fashion and committed to creating memorable experiences, we invite you to apply for the Bridal Stylist position at The Wedding Shoppe. Embrace the opportunity to grow professionally in a vibrant and supportive environment. Click ‘Apply Now’ to start your journey with us and make a significant impact on each bride’s special day. We can’t wait to welcome you to our team!